Helping talented students from low-income families get into and graduate from the nation's top colleges and universities.
Each student is assigned a dedicated college counselor to guide them through the process from application to graduation.
For every dollar we raise, College Match generates a return on investment of 2,000% in total financial assistance for our students.
A rigorous program helping motivated students.
- 95% admitted to a Top 50 school
- SAT scores increase by an average of 344 points (under the old SAT)
- 6 admitted into the rarest of all admissions possibilities – 8-year Brown Medical School
- 6 Fulbright Scholars – one of the most prestigious post-grad awards available
- 40 Gates Millennium Scholars – which covers both undergrad and graduate financial needs
Honing our approach since 2003.
- For every dollar we raise, College Match generates a return on investment of 2,000% in total financial assistance for our students
- Average annual cost per student is approximately $3,076
- Staff train, manage and guide our college counselors, who are retired professionals with experience in college life and admissions
Dedicated staff and volunteers invest in our students' success.
- Students and parents feel supported by committed advocates
- University admissions officers have seen College Match students thrive
- High school counselors know their top performers are in the best hands
Join College Match
High school juniors interested in College Match should reach out to their school’s college counselor.
A Legacy of Improving Access to Education
Harley Frankel Founder
College Match was founded by Harley Frankel, who has dedicated his career to improving education. He led the National Head Start program, was heavily involved in the federal student financial aid program, was senior executive for the Children’s Defense Fund, and helped select the first secretary of education while a senior White House aide in the Carter Administration. He was the first in his family to attend college. He has an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Erica Rosales Executive Director
Executive director Erica Rosales was assistant dean of admissions at Occidental College in Los Angeles. She also helped start the first charter high school in Los Angeles, where she was a teacher, a college counselor and principal. After graduating from Garfield High School in East Los Angeles, she was a first-generation college student at Wellesley College—where she arrived on campus alone, carrying her own suitcases. She went on to earn her master’s in education from UCLA. Today she indulges her passion for helping low-income, first-generation students pursue their higher education dreams.
All staff members and volunteers share a belief that education changes lives. They combine experience in formal education and elite admissions, with a range of expertise spanning the spectrum of professional careers.
College Match is honored to have a distinguished group of advisors who guide us in meeting our goals.
- Bruce Newberg (Chair), Businessman and Investor
- Dolores Arredondo, Segment Manager, Personal and Business Banking, City National Bank
- Robert Benson, Professional Assist Corp; Former President, Children’s World
- Richard Foos, Businessman
- Jon Glaser, Businessman and Investor
- Cyrus Hadidi, Managing Partner, Arts & Sciences Investment Management
- Robert Israel, Investor
- Tony Reveles, LAUSD Assistant Principal
- Virgil Roberts, Partner, Bobbitt & Roberts, Los Angeles School Reform Leader
- Jeffrey Sudikoff, Businessman
- David Velasquez, Assistant Head of The Brentwood School, Former Director of Admissions and College Counseling, The Brentwood School
- Beth Karmin, Philanthropist
- Nico Mizrahi, Partner, First Pacific Advisors
- Nadeem Khan, Capital Group
95% of our students have graduated from college.